Protecting your privacy
At DTWOU, you can trust us to deliver the best products for great value. We want you to feel just as confident in us knowing we keep all your personal information safe and secure. We're committed to protecting your privacy, which is why we made this policy – to explain how we may collect and use your personal information, and why this makes your life easier (trust us, it does!)
Why do we collect information?
It's simple. We collect information from our customers to help us deliver and continually improve the service we offer. That means when you shop with us we may collect personal information about you.
How do we use your information?
That's a big question. We use your information in a number of different ways — and it all depends on the information. However, without your information, we won't be able to offer all our fantastic services, such as deliver your shopping to your door, or provide you with our latest offers and updates. All the information we collect from you is used by us, or a trusted third-party processor acting on our behalf.
Your email address:
- To make sure you're in the loop about all our fantastic features, products, services, events, promotions and special offers, through the power of direct mails to give you a new password for your accounts
- To make it easy for you to view and customize your contact information
- To make sure you're in the loop about all our fantastic features, products, services, events, promotions and special offers, through the power of email and social media adverts
- To send you order acknowledgement, amendment and completion emails when ordering our products online, for a handy reference
- To record your emails and keep track of any issues or concerns you may have. This helps us to continually improve our services
Your telephone number (including home and/or mobile numbers)
- To get in touch with you if there's a query regarding your order, and make sure our service is spot on
- To send you SMS confirmations to help you track your order, while ordering online
- To make sure you're in the loop about all our fantastic features, products, services, events, promotions and special offers, through the power of SMS
Your contact history (including telephone call recordings and feedback)
- To ensure we always provide the best customer service
- To enable us to fully investigate any concerns you raise
- To log any questions or issues and inform the relevant stores to give you a helping hand
- To provide gestures of goodwill to customers (e.g. flowers)
- To make sure our website is continually improving, and set useful default options for you
- To make your online DTWOU experience slicker, and tailor your journey around the website
Your payment information
- To let you order products from the checkout, using payment gateway i.e payments including debit, credit and Bonus Card. We'll take care of the rest
Your My Account
- To help you access the My Account section and update your details, to keep things running smoothly
- To make sure you're in the loop about all our fantastic features, products, services, events, promotions and special offers
- To log your home delivery details, and help our drivers find your shopping – and you!
- To give you a copy of transaction information
Your responses to surveys, promotions and competitions
- With your consent
- To perform our contacts with you, such as to deliver your shopping
- Legitimate interest – where we need to use your data as part of the running of our business to provide our excellent goods and services and we will do this in a way that does not materially impact any of your rights, freedoms or interests, for example the profiling activity we refer to below.
How long will we hold your data for?
We will keep your personal information whilst you continue to shop and interact with us, for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for.
It's easy to opt out
It’s easy to opt out at any time, you may opt-out of receiving future communications, such as post, telephone, SMS and email. Simply contact us and we'll take care of the rest. Just be aware that it may take up to 14 days for all of our systems to be updated.
Sharing your information
We want to earn and maintain your trust. So as a rule, we do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party. That includes your personal details, such as your name, address or email address
However, we may share your data with the following categories of companies, as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you:
- Companies that do things to run our websites, our till systems and to get your purchases to you, such as the IT companies who support our systems, payment service providers, delivery scheduling companies and the systems that support our customer services teams
- Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners and other advisors and agents, who help us run our business, undertake market research and gather product reviews
- Our security contractors, law enforcement, fraud prevention and crime reduction agencies, so we can help tackle fraud and criminal activity. We may also receive information from these bodies and use it to keep our customers and employees safe online and in store
Sometimes, in order to fulfil your order, process your payment details or provide support services, we'll need to share your personal data with third parties and suppliers
But, if we do this, don't worry. We have procedures in place to ensure your data receives protection. For example, our contracts with third parties stipulate the standards they must follow at all times.
Meet our affiliate websites
When it comes to delivering the best products for great value, we can't do it all on our own.
That's why we've partnered with various trusted third-party companies to provide goods and services to you. These goods and services can be accessed through links on our website to the third-party company's microsite .The main thing you need to know is that although some of these microsites may contain dtwou.com in their address, these microsites are not owned or operated by DTWOU. They are governed by their own terms and conditions and privacy policies, so it's definitely worth having a read of their policies too, to see how your information may be used.
There's only one DTWOU. All emails you receive from DTWOU will come from an email address ending in dtwou.com. So, if you receive any emails claiming to be from DTWOU which do not end in dtwou.com, these may be fraudulent and should be forwarded to Iceland at email@example.com
Don't forget your rights
Remember: your data is your data. So, you have the right to request:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you, free of charge in most cases
- The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete
- That we stop using your personal data for direct marketing
- That we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data if you withdraw that consent
- That we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances
- That we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider
You can contact us to request to exercise these rights at any time as follows:
To ask for your information to be updated, please email our customer care.
We want to provide the best service to you, so we'll act on your requests where we can. But, sometimes, we may not be able to or may not be required to. If we choose not to action your request, we'll explain the reasons for our refusal.
Your right to withdraw consent
Whenever you give us your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent. The easiest way to withdraw is to contact our customer care. Lots of the uses of your information set out in the table above are not based on your consent and therefore, we may continue to use your data, where we are legally allowed to.
Where we rely on our legitimate interest in cases where we are processing your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest, you can ask us to stop for reasons connected to your individual situation.
We must then do so, unless we believe we have a legitimate overriding reason to continue processing your personal data. If we choose not to action your request, we'll explain the reasons for our refusal.
Checking your identity
To protect the confidentiality of your information, we will ask you to verify your identity before proceeding with any request you make under this Privacy Notice.
If you have authorized a third party to submit a request on your behalf, that's fine too. We will just ask them to prove they have your permission to act.
Filing a complaint
We're always happy to help you with any issues you may have. However, if you'd like to make a complaint, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay safe and secure
We work hard to make our websites as safe as possible. Which is why, if you register to use secured parts of the website, you may be asked to create a password.
Like with any password, you must keep this password confidential, must not disclose it or share it with anyone and will be responsible for all activities that occur under your password. If you know or suspect that someone else knows your password, you should change the password and notify us immediately.
If we think there has been or is likely to be a breach of security or misuse of the website, you'll be the first to know. We may ask you to change your password or suspend your account until we've verified your identity and/or until your account has been secured.
Cookies (we're talking data)
We want to give each of our customers a personalized experience on our website. And cookies help us do just that. Cookies help us tell you apart from other users of our website, creating a more seamless experience – made just for you.
What are cookies and how are they used?
A cookie is a small, harmless text file placed on your computer, tablet or mobile phone by lots of the websites that you visit. You can set your browser to reject cookies, but this will affect your ability to use certain features and shop online.
What types of cookies are there?
There are four main types of cookies – here's how and why we use them:
Essential cookies are – well – essential to use our website. They let you move around the site and use all its fantastic features, such as accessing secure areas. Without these cookies, the services that make your life easier, like shopping baskets or shopping lists, wouldn't be a thing. See, essential!
- These cookies collect information about how visitors use our website – like which pages you go to most often, or if you get error messages from web pages. These cookies don't collect information that could identify you. In fact, all information is aggregated and anonymous. It's only used to improve how our website performs.
- You know when a website remembers your past purchases, or details like your username to help you sign in faster? That's a functional cookie. They provide more personal features to enhance your experience. Again, the information these cookies collect may be anonymised, and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
Targeted advertising cookies
- We know, we know. No one wants to see adverts. But at least with cookies, you'll see adverts that are more relevant to you. In fact, these cookies limit the number of times you see an advert, and measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign.
- They are usually placed by advertising networks, but only with our permission. These cookies remember that you have visited a website, and share this information with other organizations such as advertisers. So, like our profiling system, every time you interact with DTWOU online, we're refining an experience to suit you.
Your choice of cookies
- By using our site, you agree to us placing these cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the site in the future. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, the ‘help' section in your browser should provide instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies.
Phew, that was quite a lot to take in, right?
Whether you're feeling overjoyed or overwhelmed, take a deep breath, and fire all your thoughts our way. We're always happy to assist our customers.
And when it comes to your privacy, we want you to feel as safe and secure as your information.
Our website www.dtwou.com is owned and operated by DTWOU.