Acceptance of our terms
Welcome to DTWOU Terms and Conditions for use. This legal notice applies to the contents of the website under the domain name www.dtwou.com.
Please read this agreement carefully. These represent the terms and conditions for using this service. If you do not agree to these, you may not use this Website.
All orders /purchases made on our web site will be governed by the specific product terms relevant to each online purchase, in their absence, these Terms and Conditions may be applicable.
Buying online from DTWOU
Acceptance of our terms
You are permitted to use our Website solely on the basis of these Terms and Conditions. We reserve the right, at our discretion, to update and/or revise these Terms and Conditions. Please check periodically for changes.
If you have any questions relating to these Terms and Conditions please contact our Customer Care Team by email.
Terms and Conditions
Grocery registration and contract
- DTWOU reserves the right to alter or withdraw the grocery service at any time, to refuse the service to any customer and to amend these Terms and Conditions of this Website. If we make any changes to these terms, we will let you know as soon as possible by posting the changes on our Website. Any such changes will take effect when posted on the website and it is your responsibility to read the terms and conditions on each occasion you use this website. Your continued use of the website shall signify your acceptance to be bound by the latest terms and conditions.
- You must be 18 years or over and must complete the registration procedure to use our grocery service.
- By registering for this service you agree that the details provided by you on registration, or at any time, are correct and complete. You must inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you provided when registering by updating your personal details. You must give us your real name, address, phone number, email address and any other details that we may require to process your order.
- It is your responsibility to keep your password secure. We reserve the right to modify or withdraw a password at our discretion. Your password is exclusive to you. It should not be shared and must be treated as confidential. If you become aware of misuse then you must Contact Us immediately.
- Customers using our grocery service accept that their credit or debit card details will only be used for payment on account and/or payment of goods and services received by you using our grocery service.
- We reserve the right to: Decline a new customer registration or suspend or terminate a customer’s account at any time and at our sole discretion. At our absolute discretion to terminate your access to all or part of this service with or without notice.
- The contract between you and DTWOU is not concluded until such time as the goods are accepted at the time of delivery. You are not entitled to refuse some of or all of the goods once ordered. You, or someone aged 18 or over authorised by you, must be available to inspect the goods at the time of delivery.
- Goods are stored in appropriate conditions and temperature prior to delivery. Risk of loss and damage of products passes to you on the date the goods are delivered to your address or are left with a person or place nominated by you. DTWOU will not be responsible for any loss or damage caused to the goods after delivery.
Grocery pricing and payment
- The prices shown on this Website at the time of ordering are guide prices. The prices you will be charged for goods will be the actual prices displayed in the bill , including any promotional offers if applicable. You accept that prices of goods may, therefore, increase or decrease between the day of ordering and the day of delivery.
- The weight of some goods may vary marginally from that ordered and the price may change to reflect actual weight – if weighs a little less you pay a little less and if it weighs a little more you pay a little more. Prices in your shopping cart are estimates only.
- Where applicable, prices include Value Added Tax. The prices on the website reflect the current rate of VAT and not necessarily the rate you will be charged on the day of your delivery. Business customers may obtain a VAT receipt by contacting our Customer Care by email.
- We will verify your payment details at the time you place your order. To ensure that your payment card details are not being used without your consent, we may validate your name, address and other personal information supplied by you during the order process against appropriate third party databases. By placing an order you consent to such checks being made. In performing these checks personal information provided by you may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency which may keep a record of that information. These tests are done only to confirm your identity, a credit check is not performed and your credit rating will be unaffected. All information provided by you will be treated securely and strictly.
- Payment will be taken at the time of placing the order or on the day of delivery or collection to cover the cost of the goods and the delivery or collection charge. Goods will be charged at the in-store selling price prevailing that day. Methods of payment are available on the DTWOU website.
- If, on the delivery or collection date, we are unable to process your credit card payment we will use other payment options. If we are unable to do so our Customer Care will attempt to contact you to request new details.
Supply of grocery goods ordered and alternate goods
- Goods will not be supplied for the purposes of resale to retail customers, and are only supplied for your own use as a retail consumer. Re-sellers may purchase for re-sale. We reserve the right to refuse orders including those we consider are for commercial or non-domestic purposes. We will supply or deliver to shipping agents or to agents who sell on our goods to third parties. Where products are used for non-domestic purposes we include (to the fullest extent permitted by law) those warranties and conditions relating to fitness for a particular purpose.
- Where goods are purchased by consumers and re-sellers the goods are provided as compliant with technical, safety, labelling and other legal requirements in the India.
- Food goods are supplied at the temperature appropriate to that food. Goods will be delivered in good condition and we cannot accept responsibility where they have been inappropriately stored or handled following delivery to an address.
- Some customers may choose to add items to their shopping cart.It is the responsibility of customers who use this service to check their online basket to ensure the correct items have been added. All orders must be checked out before delivery.
- Goods are subject to availability and prevailing market conditions, if any goods you wish to purchase are not available, DTWOU will try to offer you 'alternative goods' similar to the goods you have requested, which may be a different price.
- Although we take all reasonable care to ensure that recipe and additional nutritional information appearing on the Website are correct at the time when the information was inputted onto the system, the information appearing on this Website at any time may not reflect the exact position at the moment you place an order. Customers are advised to check product packaging for nutritional information and allergen warnings before consumption, as product information is subject to change after publication of the recipe.
- You should always read the product label to ensure you are following the most up-to-date information. This is especially important if you have an allergy or intolerance.
Ordering of multiple or bulky grocery items
- Quantities of goods supplied per order may be limited if the order limits availability for other customers or creates a potential health and safety issue for our drivers.
- Due to concerns regarding the health and safety of our delivery drivers, we reserve the right to limit orders of certain items.
Placing a grocery order
- 5.1 Enter your UK postcode or log in to see the online grocery ordering options available in your area. You will see the available options on the 'Book Delivery' page.
- 5.2 The Website Checkout page sets out the details of your shopping and may be edited by you before you Place your Order. After you have placed your order we will send you a confirmation email showing an estimated total cost and details of the products you have ordered. The contract between you and DTWOU is not concluded until such time as you accept goods at the time of delivery or collection. You may not edit or cancel your order once completed. You are not entitled to refuse some of or all of the goods before signing for them on the day of delivery or collection.
- 5.3 There may be a minimum or a maximum order value on any grocery delivery order.
- 5.4 Orders may be charged a delivery fee which will vary according to the delivery date, your chosen slot and value of your shopping slot you choose if applicable.
- 5.5 DTWOU reserves the right to amend delivery and collection fees at any time without notice.
- Our standard (from next day) grocery delivery service may be available.
- The Service is available for online grocery orders only and delivery slots are subject to availability. Available slots may be seen in advance. We make every effort to deliver goods within the estimated timescales.
- There may be a minimum and maximum order value on any grocery delivery order. Orders may be charged a delivery fee which will apply according to your delivery date, your delivery slot and value of your shopping. All grocery delivery slots are subject to availability.
- You must check again to save any changes and to reserve your delivery time. The total shopping bill will be deducted at the time of order or on the day of delivery. If may not cancel your order once ordered.
- If you have elected to pay the standard charge for carrier bags, your shopping will be pre-packed in carrier bags although some bulky or larger items will be supplied loose. Carrier bags are not sealed.
- DTWOU reserves the right to amend or terminate the availability of the standard (from next day) grocery delivery service, including the delivery charge, at any time and without notice.
Amending or cancelling a grocery order
- Orders cannot be amended,cancelled, returned or exchanged once confirmed.
- Should adverse weather conditions or any other event outside our reasonable control result in a later or cancelled delivery or collection, we will contact you as soon as possible to re-schedule. All alternative delivery or collection dates are subject to availability. We make every effort to deliver goods within the estimated timescales, however delays are occasionally inevitable due to unforeseen factors. DTWOU shall be under no liability for any delay or failure to deliver within the estimated timescales.
Grocery delivery restrictions
- We will deliver to the address specified by you when you checkout your grocery delivery order. If you amend delivery details at checkout you will need to re-book a delivery slot. You may subsequently amend delivery details.
- We reserve the right to restrict or refuse delivery requests in certain areas at any time and without notice. We may not supply or deliver to direct consumers or re-sellers.
- You or someone aged 18 or over on your behalf must be available to receive the delivery. Direct consumers or re-sellers may not inspect the delivery. Under no circumstances the receiver will recive incomplete orders without notification from DTWOU.
- If the person receiving the goods looks under 18 we may request proof of age. We may retain the goods if proof of age or an alternative adult is not available.
Our grocery doorstep service
- We will always deliver to the front door of your house or at least to the communal entrance to your block of flats. Our drivers may also deliver beyond your threshold as well, if invited to do so and it is safe.
- Our delivery service does not include a detailed check of your shopping. However, if you have any queries, please email customer care.
- We reserve the right to return your order to our store if you do not come to collect your order within a reasonable time. In this instance, we reserve the right to charge for any order non-acceptence/delivery and re-delivery.
Returns and Cancellations
- If whilst inspecting the goods at the time of delivery you identify goods you do not want, you are not allowed to return or exchange the product for any reason. The delivery assistant or the driver will not to take them back.
- Any payments refundable will be be automatically refunded to the credit, debit card or the same payment method used to pay for the order and will be shown as a refund on the next payment statement. Refunds will be processed as soon as possible and make take up to 14 working days or more to reach your account.
- Any delivery charge will not be refunded. If returned items were part of a promotional offer or vouchers were used, the amount refunded may be reduced.
Carrier bag charge
- Your may receive your grocery delivery order with or without carrier bags. If carry bags are required then they may be charged and will reflect on the bill. Your order may be provided in crates which must be unpacked and returned to DTWOU at the time of delivery. The carrier bag charge is not a DTWOU initiative.
- By registering with DTWOU, you accept that your mobile number and email address may be used to send you service messages and, where we have your permission, marketing. Customers wishing to change this can do so by informing customer service. We may use your mobile phone number to send you a reminder of your grocery delivery slot time, to advise you about substitutions and occasionally to contact you about your shopping order (including for market research purposes) and, where we have your permission, to send you marketing.
- Applicable laws require that some of the information or communications we send to you should be in writing. When using our website, you accept that communication with us will be mainly electronic. We will contact you by e-mail or provide you with information by posting notices on our website. For contractual purposes, you agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all contracts, notices, information and other communications that we provide to you electronically comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
- If any part of these terms and conditions is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, the validity or enforceability of the other sections of these terms and conditions shall not be affected.
- These Terms and Conditions and the documents produced in accordance with it comprise the entire agreement between you and DTWOU regarding each grocery order which concludes in a contract. Indian law is the governing law of each contract.
- DTWOU reserves the right to alter or withdraw the grocery service at any time, to refuse the service to any customer and to amend these Terms and Conditions on this Website. If we make any changes to these terms, we will let you know as soon as possible by posting the changes on our Website.